Q. What are the policies on Interlibrary Loan (MyILL) item borrowing?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is intended to support scholarly research and supplement classroom learning by providing materials that are not owned by the library or the I-Share consortium. Interlibrary Loan services are free to faculty, students, and staff of the Illinois Institute of Technology. IIT alumni may also use interlibrary loan services with their annual subscription. Textbooks cannot be borrowed through interlibrary loan, but may be on reserve.
Loan periods and renewals for interlibrary loan items are determined by the owning library. ILL items that are recalled and overdue must be promptly returned to the library. Patrons are responsible for the fines and fees assessed by the owning library for overdue or replacement items. Not returning interlibrary loan items promptly may result in a loss of library privileges.
Patrons are responsible for damages caused to the borrowed item and are responsible for replacement cost. Damages to items can include:
- marking or writing on items.
- bending or removing pages.
- staple, tape, or attach items.
- stain items.
- missing pieces or multi-parts of an item.
How to Request a Book from MyILL
It is best to create your account before placing a request.
- When you have found a book in WorldCat, click the "Request this item" link.
- You will be prompted to log in to your MyILL account.
- The item information will automatically be filled into the request form. Verify that the information is correct, then click Submit Request.