How do I get a job in the library?
Students are always welcome to fill out our online application. If we have an opening that fits your skills and availability, we will contact you for an interview.
The library has a limited number of student worker positions available each semester. Preference is given to federal work-study students. If you need to find out whether you qualify for Federal Work Study, please reach out to the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only online applications will be considered. Do not send your resume, apply in-person, or call the library. Please do not contact the library regarding the status of your application.
Duties performed by library student workers include:
- Staffing the Circulation Desk, checking out and processing books.
- Processing Interlibrary Loan requests.
- Working at the library's Makerspace, the Exploration Space.
- Providing assistance at the Research Help Office.
- Processing, cataloging, and shelving government documents.
- Scanning and digitizing library materials for special projects.
- Performing data entry, online searching, shelving, and physical processing.